How to set domain MX records to remote settings in cPanel
What is an MX record?
A mail exchanger record (MX record) is part of your DNS (domain name system) zone that specify a mail server responsible for accepting email messages on behalf of your domain. When using external DNS or MX mail servers responsible for handling your email, you will need to set your MX records to Remote mail settings from cPanel.
How to set your MX records to Remote settings in cPanel
- Login to your cPanel account (e.g. yourdomain.com/cpanel)
- Under Email section or using the search bar, find "MX Entry"
- Using the dropdown, select the domain name to edit it's MX record settings
- Under the Email Routing section and select Remote Mail Exchanger
- Click Change to save settings.
That's it, the server will now make sure your MX record is being handled properly by the remote email server!