How can I create a Spam Email Filter?
You can create an email filter that sorts and redirects incoming spam.
To create a spam filter, perform the following steps:
- Login to cPanel and navigate to Apache SpamAssassin (Home >> Email >> Apache SpamAssassin).
- Make sure Apache SpamAssassin is enabled. If it is not, click Enable Apache SpamAssassin.
- Setup a new filter from Global Email Filters in cPanel (Home >> Email >> Global Email Filters).
- Click Create a New Filter.
- Enter the name of your filter in the Filter Name text box.
- Select Spam Bar from the first menu in the Rules section.
- Select contains from the second menu in the Rules section.
Enter the spam score in the text box. Represent the desired spam score with plus (
To filter all emails which Apache SpamAssassin has assigned a spam score of five or higher, enter
+++++in the text box.
- Apache SpamAssassin examines all emails for spam characteristics, and then assigns it an overall score based on the number of spam-related traits found within the message.
- The lower the spam score, the more aggressive the spam filter will be.
- A spam score of five (
+++++) is a suitable setting for a single user.
- Select Deliver to folder from the menu in the Actions section.
- Enter the name of the folder to which you wish to send your spam email.
- Click Browse to see a list of your folders.
- Click Create to create, save, and activate the spam filter.