What is your Mail Policy and Limits?
There is a 500 emails per hour pop limit per domain, this limit is also applies to mailman. Any emails sent over this limit in any hour will bounce back with a undeliverable error.
All of our servers have a 60 pop checks per hour limit per email address account. If you exceed this, you are most likely going to get a wrong password error message. Just wait an hour, and the system will automatically reset to unblock you. To prevent this from occurring again, make sure you either disable auto email checking or at minimum set the checks to 10 minutes or longer.
Any mailing list larger than 1,000 will require a semi dedicated or dedicated hosting solution from us. Note: dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
Mailing Lists Rules
- When sending a email to your mailing list, no matter how large your mailing list is, you must throttle it. Our recommendation is that you throttle it at at least sending 1 email every 30 seconds. (1 email every 20 seconds means 180 emails within 1 hour, keeping you below the 200 outgoing limit.) If your mailing list script does not have the option of throttling, you must switch to another software or script that will allow you to do that. Our recommendation is PHPList, you can install it from cPanel under Softaculous.
IMPORTANT: If your mailing list is not throttled and you try sending 500-1000 emails, the server will try to send all 500-1000 emails in 1 second, which is not possible on our shared servers. This will cause the load of the server to spike and performance to be sluggish not only affecting your sites and service but others as well until the process is completed. It is our responsibility to keep the server up and running without being sluggish. Any account causing the server's load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, your account will most likely be suspended.
- Any mailing list over 500 emails is only allowed to be sent to during off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day Saturday and Sunday, and 1am - 8 am eastern time M-F.
- The mailing list must be a Double opt-in List. All mailing list users must have subscribed to the newsletter or other email marketing messages by explicitly requesting it and confirming the email address to be their own. Confirmations are usually done via response to a notification/confirmation email sent to the subscriber's email address. By using the double opt-in method, it eliminates the chance of abuse where somebody subits someone else's email address without their consent. You are NOT permitted to send any emails to any mailing list you were given or purchased, this is considered spamming and will result in the termination of your account.
Email scripts must handle and document all information from a double opt-in mailing list. This includes processing any opt-outs via web or email and list removal on bounce backs. All opt-outs or bounce back removal must be handled in a timely manner. If your account is found to be using a mailing list that does not meet these guidelines and requirements, WireNine reserves the right to suspend, terminate or deactivate your script and/or account.
- Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail.
- All mailing lists MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the United States.
You can find these at: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business
- We do not allow direct SMTP mailers for e.g. Darkmailer or The Bat!. All emails should be sent through the local mail server/MTA for further delivery by the server and not directly by the scripts.