Getting Started Guide
Welcome to WireNine!
Congratulations! and thank you for choosing WireNine.com as your shared web hosting provider.
Step 1: Figure out where to begin
Starting out with your new web hosting account may seem complicated but it is fairly simple. The fist step is to figure out where you need to start from.
- Do you have a website already or are you starting a new website?
If you are starting a new website, move on to step 2.
- Will you be transferring your website from another host?
If so, WireNine may be able to assist you with that. Please see our How to switch web hosts without any down time guide.
Once your website has been transferred, move on to step 2.
After you have completed the step above, in order to point your domain to our servers you must update your Domain's Name servers also known as DNS. This is a required step to get you started, and it is fairly easy.
- If you registered a new domain with WireNine during sign up, you can skip this step as all new domains are configured with our DNS by default.
- If your domain is registered with another domain registrar (e.g. GoDaddy, Register.com, NameCheap, etc. ), you must follow the steps on our Updating your DNS guide.
After you have updated your DNS settings, it can take up to 24-48 hours for your domain to start resolving to WireNine's servers. To prevent downtime, please follow the guidelines on How to switch web hosts without any down time. If your domain is still not resolving after 48 hours, please contact us for further support.
Step 3: Uploading Your Web Site
Once you receive your welcome email, you can start uploading your website files to your new account using an FTP client or File Manager from your control panel.
- If using an FTP client, input the IP address in the FTP address field, and the username and password you received in your welcome email. FTP port is always 21.
- After you connect using the FTP client, browse to the "public_html" directory and begin uploading your website files. To remove the default welcome page for your account, upload an index.html file or delete the default.html
Step 4: Important and Useful Links
- Your cPanel control panel url is
http://yourdomain.com/cpanelOR you can use the temporary cPanel URL until your DNS has propagated:
- Your webmail url is http://184.108.40.206/webmail (temporary URL) or http://yourdomain.com/webmail after your DNS has propagated.
- You can view your site before the DNS has propagated at http://220.127.116.11/~username/ (Note: Don't forget the trailing / and the ~ )
- Site Builder can be accessed by logging into cPanel (link above) and clicking on the "RVSiteBuilder" icon.
Step 5: Need Support?
WireNine team is available 24/7 in case you have any questions.
Need answers fast? Search our knowledge base, which addresses many of the most common questions and problems that our customers encounter. It has over 300 articles including useful how to video tutorials.
Want to interact and get help from other WireNine customers? WireNine's Hosting Forums are available for peer to peer community support.
When should I use Live chat?
Live Chat is perfect if you are looking for fast answers that you weren't able to find in our knowledge base. Our chat operators are more than glad to assist you with issues related to email, cPanel, FTP etc. They can also assist you with many sales and billing related questions and WireNine policies.
When should I use the help desk?
If your issue requires troubleshooting and is more technical than an average question, we highly recommend that you submit a support ticket via our help desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediately after you open a ticket via our portal or email, you will receive a ticket confirmation email and your ticket will be placed in our support queue. If you have not received a confirmation email, your ticket was not received by us.
Using the help desk, you will get your issues troubleshooted and resolved in a timely manner by our technicians.
Here are a few suggestions to consider when using our portal:
- Please do NOT submit more than one ticket per issue. Submitting multiple tickets for the same issue only slows down the support response time.
- Always include your primary domain, cPanel username and as much detail on your issue as possible. If we need a login or URL to replicate the issue, please include that in your ticket. The more details you include in your ticket, the faster we will be able to resolve your issue.
When should I use phone for support?
Just like Live Chats, our phone operators can address your most basic questions and concerns. You will be required to submit a ticket for troubleshooting and technical issues.
Step 6: Managing your Invoices and Billing
You will be automatically billed when your web hosting account renews (i.e if you choose the monthly billing cycle, you will be billed on the same day every month). Please always keep your credit card on file and PayPal subscription updated. If your invoice is not paid within 7 days of the due date, your account will be suspended.
You can update your password, upgrade your plan, cancel your plan, update your billing information including your credit card details, view or pay invoices, or anything else related to billing by logging into the billing portal at https://my.wirenine.com/