How do I set up private name servers for 123-reg domain name?
If you have a domain registered at 123-reg and you want to use private name servers (ns1.yourdomain.com, ns2.yourdomain.com, etc) you have to register the DNS before they can be used with any of your domains. This article will explain how to setup your private name servers at 123-reg.
Once your reseller account is setup, your welcome email with have 2 IPs assigned by us for your name servers, you must register both name servers and IPs at 123-reg.
- Login to your 123-reg control panel.
- In the Domain names section, select the relevant domain name from the drop down box and click on the Manage button.
- If the domain is a TLD i.e com/net/biz etc click on the Manage Domain Locking option. Click on the Unlock domainlink and then click on the Back to Control Panel link.
- Click on the Change Nameservers link.
- Scroll down and enter your new nameserver records in the relevant boxes, then click on the Change Nameservers button.
- Scroll down and enter the IP addresses for the name servers in the relevant boxes.
- Scroll down and then click on the Change Name servers button.